Today I came across two stunning commercials while surfing Adweek.com.
The first is an ad for Land Rover, entitled “Roam Free Parkour.” It was created by Y&R New York and directed by Noam Murro. It depicts four parkour athletes running around the woods performing gravity defying tricks with amazing agility. Now, I’m not much of a car lover or an outdoorsy gal, but I adore anything dance, so this commercial had me pressing the repeat button many times. I love the way they didn’t show a car, and just let the athletes embody the wheels while they leapt to simple, peaceful music. It really manages to capture the spirit of the brand in a new and exciting way.
The second ad is for Coca-Cola. It was made by Fitzgerald + Co and directed by Aaron Ruell. It features a young girl and boy spending the day together at a carnival, drinking coke and just having good-old, 50s style fun. The ad is sweet and innocent without making me want to vomit, which is a rare combination. I love the way their world is all pastels and light and set to jaunty music. It really does make for a good cheer-up. Though it does make me wonder if this will all be shattered when they actually say something to each other...