Ruts. I hate them. They make me feel so unproductive and uninspired. They drive me fucking nuts! They never lead to anything good. A style rut leads to my bank account disappearing. A creative rut leads watching Bravo all day. How does one break free of the soul crushing dullness of a rut?
![]() |
| Yeah thats what I said. |
And they have pretty colors.
Now, I’m not saying you should literally run out and by a toy kaleidoscope (although I do have a pretty kick ass one from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum that’s decorated to look like Starry Night or some shit). I’m saying we all need to find that thing in our lives that can take on the role of one. Maybe it’s your crazy friend that makes you take a second look at things. Or a professor who challenges you to rise above obligation. Or a musical guru who changes your definition of sound. Or an abstract feeling. Or the smell of colors. I don’t care just find it! Once you’ve found it, look through it. It will astound you. If it doesn’t, maybe you’re looking through the wrong end.
photo credit: Crystal Writer via photopin cc
